Thursday, July 10, 2008

Skye Rose is born today!

An amazing, beautiful baby was born today. Her name is Skye Rose Conforti. I can not believe how much I miss her after being away from her for 2 hours! What an amazing God we have to give us these angels from heaven. I ran into a OBGYN on one of my most recent shopping trips and he told me when a baby is born it is the closest you will ever get to God in your living life. And today that proved true. These are my words to the sweet Skye.

Tonight I hope you sleep peaceful and don't have any scary dreams.

I hope as you grow up you know how much your mommy and daddy wanted you and love you.

I hope you know that as soon as your daddy saw you his heart turned to mush.

I hope you get your mommy's spirit and drive.

I hope you know how many people texted your Auntie Sammy the day you were born to find out anything about you.

I already love so many things about you:

I love how your bottom lip quivers when the nurse puts the cold stethoscope on your chest.

I love how analytical you are already.

I love your beautiful dark hair.

I love you sweet blue eyes.

I love your dimple in your chin.

I love your soft skin.

You are an amazing gift to this world and I want you always to realize that.

"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

7 comments:

Rayna said...

Total chills, Sam. What a wonderful aunt you are going to be. Your words sent chills throughout my body and tears to my eyes. Miss you!

Stephanie said...

Aww, what a beautiful, sweet post! Skye Rose is adorable! What a luvky little girl she is to have you in her life, Auntie Sam! :o)

Holly said...

Sam, what a great blog you've started. I'm so happy for you and Ryan. I totally agree about being so happy, confident and comfortable entering your 30's! It is a great time for us, and it's only getting better. You are going to be a wonderful aunt to baby Skye. Miss you! Love, Holly

Kelly Hutcheson said...

OMG! Tears!! I love this!! Chills! This is something Skye will read and learn how loved she was by so many when she was born! What a treasured gift! You are incredible!!

Heidi said...

Sam!!!! How sweet you are. What a wonderful way to share your love for that beautiful baby...she is precious and sooooo super lucky to have you in her life. xoxo

Steph C said...

I am just bawling my eyes out right now! I had to reread and comment I am not even posting on my own blog but had to let you know how amazing and special this post is! I love you so much and so does Skye she is so lucky to have you in her life you will be the best anut Sammy ever! Love you so much! Thank you for loving us:)

Jennifer said...

SAM...that post brought tears to my eyes.

You said it perfectly...and I can FEEL how much you love Skye, just by reading your words.

XOXO!!!
jc