Monday, October 13, 2008

Big News!!!!

Our "Teddy Graham" at 8 weeks!!






I have heard from many of you that you were sick and tired of reading my "Good-bye to Summer" blog, but there is a reason why I haven't posted anything for the past month. The reason is.....

I am having a baby. Yes, my very own sweet, precious baby. It is surreal. I am already talking to the peapod everyday although I don't think the hearing has developed quite yet. It has been a pretty easy (knock on wood) first trimester. The only sickness I seem to be getting is evening sickness and that is only if I eat too much. I am incredibly tired though. In the mornings I am great and as the day wears on I seem to get more and more tired until about 8:30 and I am out. Everyone says to enjoy the sleep now, which I have to say is not my most favorite thing to hear!!
So how is daddy Ryan taking the news? He is ecstatic. I always knew he would be excited but nothing like this. He tells me everyday how he can't wait to be a daddy. We have a pregnancy journal that we read together every night. It's funny though because I think he expects the baby to be born and shortly after we will be taking the baby to play sports. I told him there is a lot of time before the baby is at that stage, but he doesn't seem to listen to me. I can't wait to see him as a daddy.

So I am almost entering my second trimester!! Tomorrow will be week 11. Amazing. Only 7 more months. I know the time will fly and I should be enjoying this time but I have to admit, I can't wait to hold that baby in my arms. My baby. Wow, what an amazing and generous God we have to share all these precious angels with us. I can't wait to meet my angel because I will give it all the love my heart can possibly share.

I will keep updating the blog now that the news it out. I would love to eventually show my pea pod all my thoughts that I have shared throughout my pregnancy so I just want to write something to my sweet angel...

I know we have yet to meet, but my heart is filled with so much love for someone I haven't laid eyes on yet. I feel like I know you because almost every minute of every day you are on my mind. How you are doing? If you are comfortable? What you look like? If you can hear me? I may not have laid eyes on you, but you are so loved by me and your daddy. We will spoil you with love and try to make your life as fulfilled as possible. You will make us a real family. A family I have always dreamt of, my own family. So my sweet angel, I want you to know how much your daddy and I wanted you and how much we talk about you. You have already touched our lives in so many ways and I know that the best is yet to come. I love you already more than words can say!

12 comments:

Kelle said...

Oh, Sammy! So happy happy! Even though I knew you were, it's so much fun to see it in writing. I can't wait to meet that beautiful baby. Love you!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Tears! Tears! Tears! Even tho I already knew I feel like I just found out again! I love you and your little Gap baby already!! xoxo

Holly said...

Sam, I got teary eyed reading this! Again, I am so happy for you and Ryan. You're going to be the best parents! I believe your baby can hear you, or atleast feel it when you talk to him/her, and is comforted by your voice. Enjoy this time, it is such a wonderful time and such a miracle! Sooooo happy for you! Can't wait to hear more updates. Love you and your little baby! Holly

Steph C said...

Ahh! Even though I have known for a while I am crying baby news gets me all the time but especially your baby news!!! I am so excited to meet my neice or nephew! I have prayed for Baby Senkarik and will continue to pray for your sweet angel. You and Ryan will be wodnerful parents. I am just so happy our little miracles will grow up together and be best friends "just like us!" how special. God is good! Life is Good! I know you hate to hear "get your sleep now" because I hated it too! So I will not say that to you anymore:) Just enjoy it all! This is a wonderful time and I am so happy I get to share it with you. I know you can't wait to hold your angel but soak every moment in because it is a short amount of time when you do look back! I am so happy you are not finding out:) It is so fun especially since you don't prefer a boy or a girl. That makes delievery even more fun! I love you and Ryan and my little neice or nephew so much! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Congrats Sam...what wonderful news! I am not one to get teary eyed, but your beautiful words and excitement definitely did it to me. These little munchkins are the most wonderful blessings and you are going to be an amazing mother! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and I can't wait to keep up with you during this exciting time in your lives! Much love from Team Green:)!

Me said...

Woohoo!!! It's in writing now!!! :) Glad to hear that you are doing well. If Ryan gives you a nice massage every night you'll feel great! :) Hopefully you'll have an easier time convincing Ryan than I do Jay! HEE! HEE!

Heidi said...

SAM...i have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting this post since i caught you shopping at Gap Maternity the morning you found out!!! yeah, that was fun and so emotionally charged!!!...and it is a beautiful post.

Your little "Teddy Graham!" is sooooo cute!!!!! He or she will love to read all that you share on this blog diary.

love you and baby S so much!
xoxo

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful "first picture" of your sweet baby. I am SO happy for you, Sam...you will be an incredible mother!!

XOXO
jc

Rayna said...

WOOHOOO!!! I am so happy for you and Ryan. Even though I knew, it was more exciting to see it posted. You are going to be a wonderful mother. Welcome to Motherhood! Love you and your little teddy graham.

Stephanie said...

WOW! Congratulations Sam! I am sooooo happy for you & Ryan! YOu are going to be incredible parents!!! :o)

Stephanie said...

P.S. - that is a great u/s. Was it a 3-D or regular? Just curious!! :o)

Leah said...

It's about time you update your blog (ha ha) and you couldn't have done it with any better news! John and I are SO happy for you guys. Enjoy these next 7 months... it's such a wonderful experience. Don't wish it away... the baby will be here soon enough and you'll be lovin' on him/her in no time!! Congratulations!!