Friday, June 27, 2008

My 30th Birthday







Okay, it is official. I am thirty. It has been one month of pure celebration. The beginning of my birthday celebration started with a surprise birthday party from my amazing friends, especially my best friend Stephanie. It is funny at 30 to have a "best friend" but yes we have been "best friends" since we were 14, so I think it is still okay to use this term. It was so wonderful to have all the people you care about to come and celebrate this "big" birthday! During my birthday celebration my husband surprised me with a bottle of wine. After being a little confused about why he bought me bottle of wine. Don't get me wrong, I love wine but for my birthday it is sort of like receiving a vaccuum cleaner. You need it but do you want it for a present? After I finally read the bottle, it said "Hope you enjoy this wine. It is just a sample of the wine we will be tasting on our trip to San Francisco/Napa." What another great surprise! I have always dreamed of going and it was even more amazing that I could have imagined. I don't think words can describe the beauty of the place. My birthday celebration continues as my mother and sister are now here visiting from Texas. It is so great to have family around. I am one of those weird people that love to have my family around me all the time. My parents bought me a ticket to England to visit my sister for my birthday present. I guess my birthday isn't over yet! If turning 30 is this good, I can't wait until 40!

5 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

OMG! You're going to England! How exciting and what a present! Your pictures from Napa were amazing and looks like you had a vacation you'll never forget!! What a way to turn 30!!! Are you going to meet the Pope or President at 40? tee hee.

Keep blogging!! Say hi to the fam!

Julie Frizzi said...

This brought a tear to my eye. You, as always, sound so happy with life.....Miss working with you, Sammy Sam-Sam!!!

Rayna said...

Welcome to blogland! I love your blog, and what a wonderful first couple entries with your 30th. Love you!

Steph C said...

Ahh I love your blog! It brought tears to me eyes! Even though we talk everyday I can I will check your blog everyday too:) How fun! I love the title and first entries. You do have an amazing husband and I love that you appreciate it:) I love you more than anything and feel so blessed to have you as my very own "best friend" yes we have earned the right to say that:) Can't wait to be a part of your beautiful journey!

Heidi said...

Hi Sam...I love this blog and all your beautiful words! You have so many wonderful and exciting new things to look forward to...can't wait for it all to happen.
xoxo